The Math Olympiad Program (MOP) is an advanced problem solving program designed to prepare talented high school mathematicians for the International Mathematical Olympiad.
The program provides an unparalleled learning and social environment where talented young mathematicians interact with world-class mathematicians, engage in intensive study of advanced mathematics and meet like-minded peers from around the world.
Students are welcome to apply if they;
- Are in 10th Grade or below.
- Are born in 2004, 2005 or 2006. Older students may apply for the Research Program
MOP 2020 Schedule:
- December 2019 – Registration Deadline.
- February 2020 – Solve-A-Thon
- July 2020 – Training camp
- Noveber 2020 – Team Selection Exam
- July 2021- IMO USA.
Mathematical ingenuity rather than knowledge is required to solve the problems at the solve-a-thon. There is no set syllabus.
Recent faculty have included: Prof. Mark Saul- Director AMC, Prof. Moon Duchin- Harvard University, Prof. David Savitt- Harvard University, Pius Onah- Cambridge University, Timothy Chu- USAMO Winner/MIT, Sefa Adzo Yakpo- GHAMO Winner/ MIT, Brian Basham- MIT/Google and Yao Ohene- Harvard University.